We did it, or rather that should it be I did it. Hubby made it clear he had nothing to do with bringing home our 3rd furry family member. However, while I have not been able to capture a picture yet but I have caught him cradling this tiny chihuaha against his beard more than once. We have two doxies and swore we would never own another breed, they are so smart, loyal and loving. They were my babies before my 2 legged ones came along, and still are. But chance had it that a friend had a new puppy that needed new homing and my daughter has been begging for over a year for a puppy because my senior girls are not a fan of her attentions..so I relented.
We dove head first into puppydom, since mine are 8 and 9 I had forgotten how much work puppies are. Cleaning up pee and poop, chasing them around pulling things out of their mouth, and the cries for constant attention- almost like having an infant! But, just a few days in and she is such a joy to the whole family. Even the younger of my senior dogs is happy to have a playmate. So…any excuse to shop this tiny little girl pup gave me the perfect reason to do some research on puppy items and here are some of the items I wanted to share with you- some are silly and indulgent but fun so I included them anyway, this is after all a PAMPERED Puppy list!
1.Leopard Leash Set – I much prefer harness to collar but with this set you get both AND a leash, very handy for the training. the most vital puppy must have item.
2. Princess Bowl– Well your little sweetie is gonna need a set of dishes right? Might as well make them cute!
3. Pink Bassinet–I just cant even..the cuteness of a puppies first bed.
4. Puppy Playpen – I may have thought this was silly in another time and place but dealing with a new puppy has me reconsidering that maybe this idea is genius.
5. Puppy Sling– In case you long for your baby wearing days and you want to take your little 4 legged baby with you everywhere you go.
6. Puppy Treats– Treats are a great way to reinforce any training you may do or just another way to show you little purse puppy how much you love them.
7. Pearl Necklace– Okay…not necessary but I can vouch for how adorable this is on your little pup as I got suckered into buying this one.
8.Doggy Dress– I have to say I never thought I would be the one, dressing a dog up like a person, but I have to admit there are some pretty darn cute dog clothes out there, like this dress. We have bought a couple out of necessity this tiny thing is always shivering cold!
9. Puppy Bone Starter Kit– Trust me, these are necessary for teething puppies. Everytime they are gnawing on your shoes, give them a firm no, take it away and insert of of these. They are also handy to keep them busy when they have to be in the crate.
10. Burt’s Bees Puppy Shampoo –I hear Dawn is great but I just can’t… I am a big lover of Burt’s products anyway so this was a no brainer for me.