I received compensation in exchange for reviewing the product but all opinions contained in this post are my own. Thanks to @Krusteaz for helping me with this post!
Do you ever feel like getting your family to share about their day at the dinner table is like pulling teeth? The standard “How was your day?” doesn’t always seem to get the conversation going so I came up with a couple ways to draw out the details of my family’s day. #1 is serve Brinner, don’t you love Brinner? If you have never heard of it, this is just simply breakfast for dinner… a family favorite at least once a week! FYI- February is National Breakfast Month and Krusteaz makes it easy with yummy pancake and waffle mixes! #2 I had to come up with some creative conversation starters that were out of the norm. They kick off sometimes silly discussion but usually end in them sharing real facts from the day and letting mom have a peek into their world when she isn’t around (these are especially helpful with getting dad to talk too!)
#1- Brinner- Breakfast Kabobs
These Breakfast Kabobs are a fun way to serve Breakfast for Dinner.
You will need:
1 lb. bacon
Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
small wooden skewers
Prepare Krusteaz Pancake mix according to package directions, making them no more than 2″ in diameter.
Scramble eggs, leave them in large pieces
Brown bacon, drain, and cut each slice into 3 pieces.
Place all your items on a platter and let your family each create their own breakfast kabob masterpiece, don’t forget to warm up some syrup for dipping or drizzling!
You could also include sausage, cubed cheese, Krusteaz Wild Bluberry Muffins made in mini size, Canadian bacon, or whatever your favorite breakfast food is. Add fresh fruit to finish it off, and grab yourself a glass of iced coffee, you’ve earned it mom!
Now while everyone is building their breakfast on a stick and chowing down you can get the conversation rolling with one of these….
#2 Dinner Conversation Starters
- If your day was written up in the newspaper would it be in the funny papers, classifieds, or on the front page?
- What is your favorite thing about our family?
- If you could go back and do over one moment from today what would it be?
- What was your most frustrating moment of the day?
- If you had $100 to spend anyway you wanted how would you have used it today?
- If you could do anything tomorrow what would you do?
- Was your day better or worse than you thought it would be when you woke up? Why?
- If your day was a song, which song would it be?
- Give me 5 words to describe your day…
- What was your happiest moment from today?
- Tell me 3 things you can do to make tomorrow amazing…
- Who made the biggest difference in your life today?