Post sponsored by Mirum Shopper. Opinions are 100% my own.
Having a sweet little fresh smelling (most of the time) bundle can be pretty expensive, but I promise it’s worth it! However, there are many ways you can cut down on costs while still giving your precious baby everything they need.
3 Money Saving Tips for New Moms
Feeding Time- Save, but don’t skimp on quality.If you have chosen to bottle feed exclusively or as a supplement what you should do is choose a high-quality formulation that is also cost effective, Parent’s Choice ® from Walmart is a great option, they have been exclusive to Walmart since 1998. Besides saving you over $600 a year over alternative formulas Parent’s Choice is…
- Nutritionally comparable to more expensive national brand infant formulas, including Enfamil®, Similac®, and Gerber®.
- Compliant with FDA nutritional standards and the recommendations of the AAP – the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Clinically proven to support growth and development.
- Easy to digest and has been well tolerated by millions of babies.
- Clinically proven to be as well tolerated by infants as national brand formulas.
You will find Parent’s Choice available in all these different formulations……
- Parent’s Choice® Premium Powder Infant Formula
- Value Size 35oz- Makes 65, 4 oz. bottles
- Clinically proven to support growth and development
- Parent’s Choice® Advantage Tub Powder Stage 2 Formula
- Value Size 35oz
- Suitable for babies 6-12 months
- Parent’s Choice® Sensitivity Canned Powder Infant Formula
- Available in Value Size 33.2oz – Makes 59, 4oz bottles
- For fussiness & gas
- Parent’s Choice® Gentle Infant Formula with Iron
- Available in Value Size 33.2oz – Makes 60, 4 oz. bottles
Clothing- They will grow out of their cute tiny little outfits so fast it will make your head spin. One mistake I felt I made as a new mom was to buy everything new, I just had to have the latest and most fashionable (trust me at 3am when your baby has peed through the 7th outfit of the night you will not care who made the pj’s!) I quickly realized that shopping at thrift stores, yard sales, and consignment shops was a much more cost effective option. You can still pick up great outfits but at a huge savings, most likely the last baby only wore it once or twice.
Baby Gear- Just like clothing you can pick up baby gear at a steal second hand. Check Swings, bouncers, strollers, changing tables, playmats etc thoroughly for condition and safety,give it a good cleaning and sanitize them. Car seats and cribs should be purchased new- there are several important safety guidelines that are in place on these for a reason, to protect your child. Older hand me downs of these items may put your baby at a risk that is just not worth it!
WARNING-Gratuitous photos of my own sweet babies ahead!